"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

porch memories.

I'm sitting out on the steps in the porch. I haven't been out in days. The cool air feels good. The wind is stronger than usual today; blowing my hair wildly like one of them movie scenes when they focus a hand-fan in your face. Maybe it should rain today. That would make it perfect.


Dear God, maker of thunder and sunshine!
Maketh it rain tonight.
I miss the rain an awful lot.
Amenth.


I wanna redesign this porch. Maybe paint it a cool yellow. Add a few green plants. A nice multi-colored rug just above the steps and I'll drag my blue see-saw out here, though I prefer sitting on the steps.
Sometimes sitting here, I often think of Aisha. How many times we sat here, talking, crying, sharing the grief of missing our mums together. Heck even making stupid plans to run away. lol.
And then that night of the 23rd of February, just a few hours before my seventeenth birthday. I remember sitting here with Nahal, waiting for her to finish writing my birthday card.
Then that time when I got a mysterious text saying,"out in the porch. come and take em."
I came out to find a gazillion packs of lays chips. I was surprised how Hassan knew I was addicted to them.
Also, that day when I showed Ehab my porch for the first time. He smiled and I know it reminded him of spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment