"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Sunday, August 1, 2010

31st July 2010

So it finally rained today. I heard the thunder and I saw sunshine peeking from behind the clouds.
When i heard raindrops against my window this morning, I ran out barefoot to play in the rain.
My hair is still dripping cold water and my kameez is completely soaked. Which reminds me that I need to find myself a dry dupata to wrap around me. But it can wait till I finish my hot mug of chai. I'm not much of a tea person but the cold marble of the porch steps had me freezing even more.
All the kids are playing soccer in the backyard. They tend to scream, goal or no goal. That's part reason why I woke up. Living in a house with a gazillion kids from ages between two and sixteen does have its disadvantages. But one things for sure, you never feel lonely or peaceful. But even through the noise there's something beautiful and peaceful about today. Maybe you would know if you were here.

P.S. Rabia, so I heard the thunder in the middle of the night and I looked at my phone, almost-completely expecting you to text me saying,"sainya. did you hear that? I'm scared."

2 comments:

  1. SANIYYA!!! :(
    trust me if i was there i would have texted you that, trust me! you know how easily i get scared :)
    miss you mann :(

    ReplyDelete