"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Monday, December 20, 2010

Rajaa Alsanea

Thats the way things are here in the shops and the malls: guys stare at women for their own reasons, while women stare at each other just because they are nosy! And they have no excuse for it. A girl cant stroll about in the malls under the protection of God without being checked out throughly by everyone, especially her own kind, from her abaya to the covering over her hair to the way she walks and the bags she carries and in which direction she looks and in front of what merchandise she stops. Is it envy? The French playwright Sacha Guitry was so on the mark when he said. "Women dont pretty themselves up for men: they do it to get back at other women."

2 comments:

  1. I haven't even read this post yet. I miss you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to admit, its exclusively true for Lahore.

    ReplyDelete