"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Friday, July 8, 2011

Erm, fire?

I just sat staring at the raging flames. The horrible stench burned my nostrils and I knew this wasn't a dream. Bright yellow sparks rebounded from the ceiling and kept disappearing into the carpet. It happened in less than a minute while I was lost in an unthinking stupor that kept me even from the slightest flinch. And then I heard Shanzay scream. My heart stopped and then broke into a crazy sprint. We screamed for help.

Moral of the story? Instead of freezing, run away when you see fire. That way you have more chances of staying alive :)

2 comments:

  1. To run,you have to remain in your senses, and when this happens many lose their senses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever live through a fire, Fahad, do tell me what happened :)

    ReplyDelete