"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer of 2011.

"But in time I stopped thinking that. In time I came to view that event the way you view a faded vacation photo. It's just someplace you went a long time ago."


The void? It's when you can almost-completely feel the edges of that empty hole inside of you, growing wider. It sucks because you're happy. And you like being used to happy. And simply the idea of going home to normal seems to have punched a hole in your chest. An empty hole.

Alright, I'll quit sounding so pathetic and stop whining about not being on the road anymore. But what can I say, I loved waking up in a different city every morning. I loved our stupid fights on the road. I loved pointing out the window and gasping at the sight of the prettiest places I could ever dream of seeing. I loved the feeling of standing in a shop and spending all the money I had saved up. I loved the feeling of just standing in the randomest places to pose for a picture. I loved chasing my best friends car on the mountains. I loved car racing. I loved the rush and excitement of doing something new everyday.
See, I should be a photographer and travel the world and send you millions of pictures. My official dream job :D other than being a radio jockey.
Anyway, I was telling you, I hate normal. I'm sad to be back home to boring. But, I'm glad it all happened nonetheless.






2 comments: