"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Monday, August 29, 2011

The places you have come to fear the most.

Red or pink? I can't decide.

This page is so blank. The way you are sometimes. Like you're staring into space without really focusing on anything and all of a sudden someone asks you: Hey! What're you thinking?!
But that's exactly the point. You're not thinking anything. You're just lost in an unthinking stupor clouded by things that hardly make sense and things that haven't yet registered and that's that.

"I stare at the printed page and repeat the lines in my head over and over again. I don't understand what they mean but I like the way they're said. I write em down on my hand- paper is far away and I'm lazy. My phone buzzes and someones talking about cakes. It buzzes again and someone's saying remember that time? I want to answer, and it buzzes again, and I tap the back button; a friend of a friend says hi. And it buzzes once more, something about plans for tomorrow. And I repeat the lines again. I don't get it. The phone buzzes. I ignore it. I think I'm half dazed. I wonder if I got enough sleep last night. It was the ball. Yes, each time it hit the ground, it took with it a little bit of my sleep. And I repeated the lines again because they still make no sense."
           
           "Because horror on Earth is real and it is every day. It is like a flower or like the sun; it cannot be contained."


I'll go with pink.

1 comment: