"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sealed.

                    "One moment you have nothing, the next, you have more than you can cope with."


I was trying really hard to concentrate, promise. But then I genuinely got distracted and noticed something written in the top corner of the page. It said, "Listen. But he won't let me get a tattoo."
It sounds so funny now. And I remember how it used to be so easy before. Just get up in the morning and go to school. Get late for class cause you're too busy fixing your hair in the bathroom. Not know what the literature lady's on about till you get picked on and know the answer anyway or sometimes get chucked outta the room, accused for not knowing angrazie. And going to school parties and spending the whole day deciding what to wear. Begging mum and dad to let you out for just a little too late. Going an hour late for the psych mid-term and acing it anyway. And getting too emotional debating over making abortion illegal  in GP class and then cracking up when the teacher cuts in to calm you down. And running away to McDonald's from school after classes. And writing fake sick notes and then getting caught.

I can go on forever but I'm holding Eleven Minutes in my hand and it says here:

              "Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever, finally comes to realise that nothing really belongs to them."


So this is my last post on memories, not because I'm letting go, but because I'm okay with knowing that things don't last forever and that's all right.


And yes Shahrose, this one's for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment