"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy new year.

It's so crowded. So loud. Songs are playing, people are dancing. And she's smiling. It's going to be 2012 very soon. She thinks she's happy but then she slips on her shoes and runs across the room into another, then another - her waist length hair flailing behind her. All of a sudden, after so many days she craves for quietness, for old faces. She dials a number and the voice on the other end splits a smile across her face again, and over the sound of the voices around her she yells, Happy Birthday!

.

At 11:59 a phone rings. It's almost twelve already? She lost track of time. She picks up his call and the crowd on the other end can be heard : Five, four, three, two, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
And she thinks to herself, wow I miss you more now.


.


Fireworks can be heard. It's freezing cold. Because of him, because of her - all the same, she cries alone.

.

And maybe heartache and tears weren't the perfect way to start the new year. But I spent 2011 trying to find myself in the real world. The slightly abstract idea of who I am has gotten way more solid. And I know that 2011 did start off terrible but in a way it evolved into one of the best years I've ever had. And now things are kinda fuzzy like the static on the television. I wanna make the image even clearer and honestly continue discovering myself this year.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Hope it provides you with success and happiness! :)

    ReplyDelete