"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Moving again.

There was that silence - the unbearable kind that makes you feel like a knife is sticking out your back. And I was walking very quietly as if, if nobody heard me I'd disappear altogether. The grass was wet and my feet cold in my shoes.
.

There was a book report due so we read The Alchemist together again on the phone. I was hyper and loud and I felt each word as I read it and envied Santiago's love for his personal legend.
And when we came to this one, we read the line over and over again till we were contemporaneously saying it to each other.
"I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you."  
.

I packed my bag. I re-packed it. And then, I packed it again. I have always had difficulty deciding what to take and what to leave behind. And somehow, surprisingly, at the last minute I always have a pet fish to give away.

.

"Love is when you know more about someone, just by looking into their eyes."

1 comment:

  1. "I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you."
    ^ love it.

    ReplyDelete