"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Monday, October 15, 2012

Battlefield.

I lean on his shoulder while he smokes a cigarette. The wind scatters hair all over my face. He reaches over and tucks it behind my ear. Our eyes lock and we smile. Every moment seems so easy and simple with him, and I wish I could write it all.
Cars start to pull out of the parking lot and time seems terribly insignificant. Seems like I've left behind not just a lifetime but many. I start to miss them; family, home, friends.
And I dig my head deeper in his shoulder.

--

"I. GAINED. FIVE. MORE. POUNDS."
We look at each other in shock and crack up.

--

I turn my head away and hug my knees to my chest. I'm naraz. Chris finds it funny and instantaneously makes me conscious of the personal joke in his head. He notices my agitation and gives it away: You're exactly like your sister; both of you curl into a ball when you're upset.
And we both laugh out loud.

--

"iughksjaglksfgajsvfbaklfhlksfgyk"

"Um, sorry I dont speak spanish."

"hkgklsjagldfdbnbcmxtueti7rtoiolyhkjghkjhfg"

"English. English only."

"hgjksdglistudfgfkgstuityjkhopi9y?"

"Kill yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment