But people leave and then its never the same. They don't come back. people who you always think will stay with you. Distance complicates life. It pushes us to move on. To move away. away from those whom we love the most.
But as Menahil puts it: "Such is life, my friend. such is life."
Tell you a little story about the day I ran.
I ran with all my strength, my legs working together mechanically. I ran bare foot on hard, burning concrete. My stomach ached with anxiety. Cold sweat dewed all over my body and I could feel my hands turning to ice. I ran and ran till the air left my lungs. My legs almost completely gave up and I could feel the joints in both my knees. And as much as I wanted to I just couldn't make my body move fast enough. But I still ran as the miles disappeared behind me.
I knew the car was long gone but there was something that kept me running after it, yelling for her. My mind refused to register the fact that she'd left. Left me. I was sure that there was nothing now that could make her turn around, but a little part of me hoped that she would, wished that she would somehow come back for me. Tears willed up in my eyes and I let them flow; unchecked, sure they would never stop.
My head started to pound, but what hurt more was my heart that ached with the desire to hold my mom close. Hold her and cry onto her, find the comfort in the circle of her arms. hold her and never let go. I shut my eyes just for an instant, letting my tears wash over my face. I tried to remember what had happened, tried to piece it all together but I couldn't concentrate. All I could remember were how things crashed onto the floor and heart-rending shrieks that had made my blood run cold. Now it all seemed like a sped up movie that showed only the important parts.
I sat in the corner trembling before I realized that I couldn't let her go. And then I ran and ran and ran.
Ran till my feet bled, ran till my vision became a blur. Ran till every muscle in my body ached. Ran till the deserted street ahead of me turned black and I heard myself crash-land before I felt it.
You make me cry sooo much!! please stop writing such blogss!!
ReplyDeletecrybaby :p
ReplyDeletemy fav..
ReplyDeletewell we both are =PP so its cool... but please this one was sad!!
ReplyDeleteyeah :(
ReplyDelete