I’m not numb anymore. I can, after today, function without my numbness. I’m happy, more than I thought I could be especially after the last couple of months and in such less time than I would have believed possible. For the first time in so long breathing is easy again. My heart doesn’t seem so far anymore. It’s whole and very much intact. I’m calm. I’m happy. I’m peaceful. Even smiling.
We sat on the steps long after everyone was gone. The silence didn’t feel awkward and strangely, I didn’t feel the need to break the stillness. So much was being said during the silence, it’s hard to explain. But ultimately we settled things.
I won’t say missing wont be a problem, just not the biggest and most painful problem.
I haven’t moved away. I’ve moved on.
I decided that it’s not always important to let go. What’s important is to keep going. Carry a backpack and take along all the things that you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose and the moments that made you YOU. And, walk away. Because when you fall flat on your ass, nobody will bother to stretch out and pull you up. So get up, dust off the dirt and walk off or you will get walked on and eventually become a flat, lifeless part of the pavement.
No comments:
Post a Comment