"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Put me to sleep.
Its cold. I'm still sleepy. Its weird how I need people to put me to sleep now. It doesn't work otherwise. Even dazed, I like to read and talk and hear the constant murmurs around me; Shanzay yelling for me to come see his picture, or Zarmeen crying, the dog barking on the roof, the soccer ball being kicked out in the backyard, somebody screaming at the kids outside, someone arguing in the kitchen. Distracting? No its not. Maybe it used to be once upon a time ago but now the sounds around me just seem comforting. So come over, bring your friends too. I wont mind. I 'll fall asleep somewhere quietly, knowing that everyone's around me. So stay. At least till I wake up. I insist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment