"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I owe Paulo Coelho. This one, he wrote for me.

The winter air chills the tears on my cheeks. The rooftop wall is tiny, hardly three feet tall. I'm sitting against its back, ducking away from life down on the street. To hide up here is why I came. Its not much of a hiding place, though. But I like it. I like it because here I am invisible, staring down at the world below, above and around me. Nah, I'm not spying on the neighbours. Thats a Sh'ia Lebouf thing. Seen Disturbia? My mum liked that movie :o
I'm simply blogging of want of something to do. Distracting myself. And running away from mums morning lectures, of course. Know what I realized? Winter is going away. Maybe it'll take away with it the things it brought. Maybe it'll leave em behind. And I'll accept whatever it chooses to leave behind at my doorstep. Good or bad, I wont be picky. Promise.
I know, I know. I've been whining a lot in the last couple of posts. Just that, I say it here, write it all and then the hurt is gone. And then i can finally forget it. Like i keep telling you, bear with me, please.
Wait. That reminds me of something. Lemme go fetch that book.

   
     "By the River Piedra I sat down and wept... my tears fall into the cold waters that course past me. Somewhere, this river joins another, then another, until - far from my heart and sight - all of them merge with the sea.
   I am writing this story on the bank of the River Piedra. My hands are freezing,my legs are numb, and every minute I want to stop.
   That is why I write - to try to turn sadness into longing, solitude into remembrance. So that when I finish telling myself the story, I can toss it into the Piedra.
Only then - will the water extinguish what the flames have written."

I'll give you a copy of this one if you like. I added it to my list of favorites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment