"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Risk.

I'm having cornflakes, its early morning.. maybe 8 or 9? The gas heater is starting to get on my nerves, literally. My numb hands haven't warmed up the slightest bit. My fingers don't hurt anymore. The wound is pretty much healed but sometimes the cold seems to compliment it.
Today as i gulp down my cereal, a thought crosses my mind.. Ive grown up so much in this past month, more than i have in the last 18 years of my life. Like all of a sudden everything has changed. Here i am in a city where I'm setting foot for the very first time, even though i was born here.
It reminds me of these lines from my newest favorite by Paulo Coelho, "I was there because suddenly life had presented me with Life. I felt no guilt, no fear, no embarrassment."
Mariam says shes proud of me. So am I.
I wont be ungrateful, I'm happy i met life at eighteen. You too, step out and discover. I was pushed out but that's altogether quite a different story. You probably have your own story. Its hanging in the middle, incomplete. Go write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment