"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Its not where you are, its who you're with..

Been so tired and hopelessly sleepy lately. Excuse me for not blogging about this earlier.
I dunno where to start from. I'll try, but I doubt that I'll ever be able to put out all that down here for you. I can only tell you but I wish I could make you feel it; The happiness, I felt that day.
I told you I didn't like surprises. My nineteenth birthday changed that. The birthday surprise I got was one crazy gift to stomach. The 24th was a gazillion special little moments that made my day big. But it all started even before that. Like my seventeenth birthday, this time, you broke all traditions. My birthday started at 8, the night before. When I rushed to open the gate, expecting the annoying neighbor lady but found you, instead. I was so happy, I almost-completely broke you with that hug. My apologies :)
I fell asleep early, after an orange Popsicle, to an Indian movie, on Shanzays bed. With you by my side. You made sure that I wasn't alone. And that's all I want you to remember, Mariam.
And, you guys, the calls at twelve that woke me up; Nahal, Ehab, Rabia, Shahrose. And Iman, for being so excited for me. I love you all.
Thinking that was that. I was happy enough. But you guys stole me for another surprise. Menahil, you ought to pursue a career in acting :p I love you.
So somewhere in the craziness, the screaming, that cherry-flavored soda, our wild car ride, my orange Popsicle, our funny pictures, the hugs, Sarah's Moco Loco, and that heart-shaped creek where we cut my cake with a key, and the lighter flame was my candle. I fell in love with my friends.
And Shanzay and daddy, for making the surprise never-ending. I love my iPhone4. I screamed all day long, in over-excitement of course.
Thank you Hassan, for the best day ever.
I love life.



Notice the key in my hand :p

p.s I put waterfall in my phone, because I liked it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment