"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Monday, February 28, 2011

How did I become a writer? I became a writer because I was a writer, because wherever I looked there was a story to tell.

Ate too many chocolates. Party left-overs. This is what happens when you're home alone; You fail to indulge yourself in anything useful and start eating like a pig, instead. I thought of cleaning my closet. Ended up reading old greeting cards. Reminded me of elementary school. Mrs.Western, she gave us painted shoe boxes on Valentines day. By the end of the day they were flooded with all sorts of Disney greeting cards. I kept them with me for the longest time. Today I want to run back into that old Dairy Ashford apartment and find my shoe box.
It's easier to live, go to school and grow up in the same place. But when you've moved around a lot and one day all of a sudden when you start to miss something, it's scary to look around and realize that it once happened on the other side of the globe, on another continent. In another world. More than a lifetime ago. It's very very scary. It alerts you, once again, to your not so new surroundings. The sight wasn't pretty today. You might as well have slammed the door in my face along with the accusations and judgments. So in my own way, I hid. Took refuge. I made use of those two books that I got me the other day. I'm reading three at a time. Lol?

No comments:

Post a Comment