Gritting my teeth with a little too much force, still, I could not stop the trembling of my lips. I tried to choke down the sobs that constantly threatened to escape, but they slipped out despite my best intentions. As did the tears, without permission. The hurt had me. And once again numbed my feelings, paralyzed my thoughts and re-opened my wound. From that moment on, I became just Saniya.
So, despite the fact that everything contradicts this, despite my sadness and my feelings of impotence, despite being almost convinced at this moment that nothing will ever get better, I cannot lose the one thing that keeps me alive: hope.
Also, because her voice never stops telling me, "Allah he kaafi hai".
"And if Allah touches you with harm, there is no one who can remove it but He; and if He intends any good for you, there is none who can repel His favor which He causes to reach whomsoever of his slaves He wills." ~ Qur'an, Surat Yunus (chapter of Jonah) verse 107
No comments:
Post a Comment