"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Saturday, December 31, 2011

With love, Non-mountain climber.

In the middle of the night I was running down a mountain trying to catch a bus when it occurred to me that how brutally adventurous this year has been. I was holding my baby brothers hand and waving goodbye to my sister and thinking that this year could not have ended more beautifully.
Obviously I don't know much about that feeling of feeling-at-home, because up there on foreign land after the longest time I finally felt at home. Maybe the most notoriously sad holidays on my planner don't always suck so bad after all. I mean I sure learnt quite a few things this week while I was visiting the mountains up north. Gravity for one is a fat bitch when it comes to climbing mountains. Oh and never try to catch up with anything with wheels and a pashto speaking driver. Also, never ever crawl down your hotel lobby - even when your legs refuse to cooperate - especially if you're nineteen but look way younger than your actual age, it gives people terribly wrong ideas.

Other than that, lets face it - it is the last day of 2011. Last day of this past year. Don't look back and don't think again? But wait. Think about the person you were with last year on new years eve, if they're still around then maybe you're not doing so bad. And if they're not still around then you're doing great - be proud that you made it through anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I was exactly with the same people :)
    I love the thought ;)

    Have a very Happy New Year Love :)

    ReplyDelete