"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Just Married.

I stole a dusty old unused planner from my husbands parents house. It was gifted to my husband by some uncle on his high school graduation. After the wedding I wrote in it almost everyday. I hid it under my side of the bed. Even though the year was wrong I didn't care to pay much attention to the days but every time I had to clear my head I wrote in it. I felt like a 13 year old girl with a secret diary. Don't think of it as a betrayal, I just didn't need an audience in my very clustered head at the time.

Everywhere I go I get asked this one question a lot,

"So, how does it feel to be married?"

I'm never quite sure how to answer that. I go to a lot of family parties and meet all these new people who are supposed to be far away family friends of my new family. In these past months I have met so much of his family - more than my entire social circle - it's strangely fascinating in an unconformable way. One thing I've realized is that I'm definitely not into fake socializing.

All I really have to say is that I honestly haven't had enough time to figure out marriage just yet. What I can tell you is that I married the love of my life. I wrestle with him and call him names and in every jokingly said "shut up" there is an "I love you" hidden inside of it. He kisses my paper-cuts, and my door-slammed finger, and my counter bumped hip. He tries his hardest not to get annoyed when I whisper comments and questions during movies, He sends me random texts and leaves me silly gifts, not always, not on schedule, just whenever he wants to, whenever he thinks I need one, or five. He checks my tire pressure. We fight over the blanket in our twin sized bed because a smaller bed means we will be uncomfortably close to each other. He educates me on sports (I think I'm finally starting to understand American football!). He's makes me feel awfully guilty for not drinking chai with him so I drink chai now. He has actually made me like it (who knew that could happen?!)
We steal kisses at every red light. Some days he makes me so angry that I cry. Then he spends the whole day trying to fix it.

And if I liked you enough or even had the time I'd tell you that is what it feels like to be married.

1 comment:

  1. Comgratulations on being married! Love how the small things is what you equate t "beng married". And I truly like how you just dont know yet. I think anyone who says they have their life, or marriage figured out is just plain lying Please write more :)

    ReplyDelete