"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Say what.


Me: You like the tattoo? I think I'm gonna be a tattoo artist.
Him: So you're gonna tattoo peoples asses?
Me: No. You can do the dirty work for me.
Him: What if they're girls?
Me: I'll put a blindfold on you.
.


An egg every morning, two doctors appointments scheduled for the next month, excitement junkie, glass of milk everyday, balancing issues, insomniac-by-choice, overly fearless, music freak, so much less complaining, no books in the whole of last month. And I thought to myself: So. Not. Me.
.


Standing on the tips of your toes and hugging tighter. Laughing on mute with tears in your eyes. Standing under the railway tracks and making train sounds. Attempting to hide your face with a pair of men's sunglasses. Whispering only because you think it makes you sound sexy. Coloring under the blanket like you're four years old again. Trying to make a drained-battery cell phone work on your way home because you're that much impatient. Falling asleep in less than a minute knowing that you'll wake up with someone still next to you. Making tattoo's with pens and writing hidden meanings in them. Waking up to an almost-sent text. Pictures you can't help wanting to jump into.
.

"Hey, I'm scared."
"Of what?"
"Freddy Krueger."
.


Will always remind me of that summer in California.

photocred Mariam.


1 comment:

  1. As they say the Greatest things come in the smallest of packages/sizes so size is not a factor that influences us. Tattoo artisans can make a good buck , so yeah its a good option :P I think i kinda like how "Him" thinks. Hmm to change, to change for the better or to change for the worst? That is the question? Definitely BETTER :D !!! Someday and somewhere comes a point in your life when your salvation will come, your Guardian Angel as people would call it, and he/"she" will most definitely change your life and change you.. most definitely no doubt about it..
    Tippy toe tippy toe , come on you can go a little higher. :) , hmm rather next time maybe kneeling a bit might help, but memories are made and instilled in our minds forever. They say a picture, a photograph captures your soul.. how weird is that?? but true enough indeed.. and how we wish to live those moments again and again and again, like putting a movie on repeat. "Sarcastic Tone": "One of Your Favorite Movies", Oh! which one? the Terminator? no.. its Transporter .. btw it was Nightmare on Elm Street, dont worry ill protect you from Freddy..
    And though there will be those who will try to alter thy path, neither I or Thou shall deter, for the journey we set unto, the tides are strong, the storm is harsh, but the sailors who set on this path are mighty and they shall sail the ship to safe shores... InshAllah :)

    ReplyDelete