"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Monday, November 14, 2011

Tipsy as hell.

I was on guard and in balance. Full-time. Don't be sad. Don't think too much. Keep a distance from him, him and him. Eat healthy. Distract yourself. Answer emails. Sound happy. Smile. Sleep early. Stay balanced. And then, when I actually stopped pretending and thought I'd got the hang of things, I fell off the scale headfirst, legs in the air. Really really horrible timing, you see. Especially now that everybody wants a piece of me. But I guess you can't always draw definite lines and make compartments and refuse to budge beyond them. There comes a time when you fall out and learn to crawl back up. I realized that it's not about having everything in your circle, its about moving forward without destroying the shape and rhythm of that circle.

photocred Mariam.

"..and I wondered if, in the end, this is how all disputes are settled, with a shared silence as things become equal. You take something from me, I take something from you."

No comments:

Post a Comment