"Dedicated to everyone who wonders if I'm writing about them. I am."

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dreaming big dreams.

Everyone's in such a rush. There's no time to step back and look. No time to close your eyes and breathe. Which sucks because you see so much better when you stop and step aside from it all. It's healthy, try it.

And as a general rule you are supposed to take your own advice..
So this is me living the fast life yet here I am closing my eyes, stepping back, and finally breathing. I don't know where to start from. I've been running. I've been literally running. First from a distorted childhood, a broken home, and then finally from home and then to another house in search of home, from one job to another. And so eventually I've been everywhere and met lots of people and developed extraordinary social skills - which have turned me into a fascinating people person. Some people/friends are understanding, others judgmental.  Some like to label me as one of those 'fast girls' who have a boyfriend and like to hop from one place to another. It's annoying but you slowly learn to not give a crap. But overall I don't think I've changed over the years. I think I've become more me than ever before. Reality has changed my life for the best. 

Every year on my birthday I always made the same wish. I always wished that all my dreams would come true. For so many years I've had the same set of dreams and I'd ask eyelashes, pennies, dandelions, wishbones, 11:11, shooting stars, and birthday candles to do their job. But dreams are just dreams - closer to the impossible than most things, right? Well, at least that's what I thought till yesterday. And then I turned 21. And that was it. I blew the candles but I didn't know which dreams to wish for. My 21st birthday was my dream come true. And today I need a new set of dreams because a miracle hit me and and made every dream happen in a blink of an eye.

So I'll tell you what, it gets better. Evey thing that's not good will get better. It will make you forget the pain ever existed and when that happens remember what I told you: stop running, close your eyes, and breathe. You made it. It's like looking back over your shoulder and smiling at the world cause you made it - the feeling is beyond overwhelming.

For this feeling, I owe you everything so I'll never forget how happy you make me. I love you, Saad.


No comments:

Post a Comment